Monday, July 5, 2010

Skew it on the BBQ - Pizza for one, #1

Summer is here! Being the end of what is a wonderful long 4th of July weekend, the grills have been working hard all around the country :o)
*

As my first 4th of July weekend without Hubs here, I was motivated to get out and be around people. Friday afternoon began with a wonderful round of golf with my redneck BFF...

Saturday was spent lounging with my in-laws at their camp on the lake...
* and Sunday a trip to my hometown for my family's annual 4th of July Party.
*
All in all it's been a great balance of R&R
(and chance to get back to the blog)!
*
Any who, other than the grilled turkey burger I made on Saturday, I've not done much cooking myself. I've been fortunate enough to be the guest at others' meals. Below is not something I did this weekend, but is one of my newest addictions and does involve the Grill.
*
It's an efficient meal that is oh-so flexible, easy to cook for one...and most importantly, absolutely delicious!!
*
Inspired by my Sister in Law, here is my recent (and first) attempt at Grilled Pizzas!
*
Fresh basil from my garden, fresh mozzarella (which one day I will make myself) and tomatoes.
*
A recent find at Costco...an affordable, ready to-go balsamic reduction.
*
Beginning with store bought garlic naan, the underside was brushed with canola oil and garlic olive oil over the top...
*
...then the tomatoes, grilled sweet Italian turkey sausage, mozzarella and basil were layered on.
*
With the grill heated to 350 degrees, the pizza was placed about midway up the grates, so as not to be directly over the flames. Please note, do put the pizza straight on the grates...no pan, foil, etc are necessary.
*
Really a no fuss meal, the lid was closed and only opened to rotate the pizza halfway through cooking.
*
Once the bottom was toasty looking and cheese melted, my newest pick up of Balsamic Glaze was drizzled on.
*
YUM!
Pizza for One, #1 - so quick, easy and tasty!!

2 comments:

  1. gonna try it tonight - thanks Susie - by the way, I'm featuring your blog on the VA website (alum news)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it turned out great and even happier you made it a with the whole family!! Also, I really appreciate your interest in the blog...THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete