Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When pigs fly...

It's real Spanish pig and the city!!!
*
Over Memorial Day weekend I attended a Beantown wedding and made the adventure with my foodie favs B&A. All in all it was a fun weekend between a wedding celebration and the taking in of a Sox game. However one of my most favorite parts of the weekend was our arrival lunch.
*
B&A had the most amazing menu packed in a cooler for our pre-game session before the wedding.
*
Homemade roasted red peppers.
*
Homemade 'experimental sandwich bread.'
*
B is trying to create the perfect sandwich bread...sort of a cross between focaccia and a baguette. While he was not 100% happy with this batch, I thought it was pretty fantastic!
*
Homemade pickles from their veggie harvest last summer.
*Freshly picked lettuce mix from their garden this season.
*
And now for the Serrano ham...straight from Spain.
*
Two kinds of this very special ham successfully made it's way carefully hidden in a suitcase of one their a good friends.
*
The incredible flavor, texture and sight made it one of my favorite parts to the weekend...being ahead of my nostalgic Fenway Frank, it was quite frankly the best thing I ate on the whole trip!
*Pretty amazing spread right? Well B&A take it up another notch, yet again wow'ing me with their preparedness...a travel size bread knife. Who knew these existed haha!!
*
With a spread of herb'd goat cheese all of the delicious components to this sandwich were layered on.
*
It was absolutely delicious!! Salty, piggy, sweet, herbed deliciousness!!!
*
B&A are amazing friends...so kind hearted, fascinating and just flat out great people to be around :-) Not to mention 99% of the time I am with them, we are enjoying some pretty awesome food...it's a wonderful match haha!!
*
This week they are off on a European vacation and I can't wait to hear about their experiences when they get back!
*
Cheers B&A for a fun, safe and food packed trip abroad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment