Monday, July 5, 2010

Skew it on the BBQ - Pizza for One, #2

More Grilled Pizza...
*
As I've mentioned previously, B&A were headed off on a European Vacation. As gardeners and CSA members, they had a bounty of freshness to share with me as they packed their bags, harvested and cleaned out the fridge.
*
For this pizza I utilized the fresh sage and microgreens they gifted me...
*
Prosciutto was also about 40% off at the deli, so I had to buy some. Otherwise I had everything else lying around...
*
The naan comes in packs of two, so here I used up the last one.
*
There were some extra tomatoes as well.
*
OK, so I am not sure if it is a VT thing, a SoVT thing, or just a girl thing...but I ALWAYS have cheese in the house. Actually I usually have at least 3+ kinds in the house just cause I LOVE CHEESE and am NOT afraid to eat it haha!! This time around I went with a drier shredded mozzarella.
*
As I did before I oiled the naan (canola underneath, garlic olive oil on top), layered on the goods and grilled at 350 degrees.
*
Just as I had hoped, the prosciutto took on a wonderful crisp!
*
The microgreens were piled on and yes, some more of that delicious Balsamic Glaze drizzled over the top (really a wonderful discovery!!).
*



The sage went PREFECT with the salty prosciutto and mozzarella...actually everything melded together amazingly well =o)

There will be more Grilled Pizza creations coming...it's just so darn easy, tasty and the combinations are endless!!

2 comments: