Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A different kind of smoked tasties from the sea

As with much of the country, we have been experiencing a heat spell...
*For nearly a week it was day after day of HHH (Hazy, Hot & Humid)!
*
The great thing about btown is that we're on the lake...and when you're on a lake you not need to only have beach buddies, but you need to have friends with a boat ;)
*
Fortunately for me, I do have such friends. One of the two that makes up T/T (we're going to call her T-MD) found herself with an itch to get out on Sunday and her +1 Mrs. T was out of town...luckily for me she thought to call!!
*
T-MD also happens to be a dear foodie friend. Actually in combo T/T make up a powerhouse of culinary adventures!
*
It shouldn't have surprised me...but it kind of did. T-MD introduced me to something new on our Sunday Afternoon Booze Cruise...
*
That's right folks sardines!
*
When T-MD first asked me whether I'd ever had them, I somewhat buzz'idly (not a word I know!) responded...only in cesar salad haha!! She so kindly corrected me, pointing out that she said 'sardines' not 'anchovies'!
*
Always game for trying new things, I dug in...and I've got to say, these were fabulous!! Lightly smoked, imported and packed in oil - THEY WERE GREAT!
*

We spent hours out on the lake that day...T-MD spent some time reading her Sunday New York Times and I floated around blissfully like a fish in water. One of the few things that could have brought us in that perfect day, did...our Sunday ice hockey group haha!!
*
I learned that T/T also have a boat-grill...yup that's right! One of these days we've said we're gonna do a Korean BBQ at sea...well on the lake.
*
I can't wait and I bet you all can't either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment