Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who wouldn't want one of these???

Yes, that is a bowl of my green Thai curry, but that is not what I am asking about...
*
What I want to know is who out there wouldn't mind one of these??
*
Sure it looks like a gas burner, right? Look closer, notice how perfect the blue flame is? There is no glowing orange fire, as so happens when I turn on my stove. Here the gas flow is just right...creating this perfectly even beautiful blue flame.
*
So I'll ask you yet again, who wouldn't want one of THESE?!?!?
*
That is right, your very own Viking Professional Series Gas Range!
*
Now how about if your super duper fancy Viking Professional Range was in something like this??
*
Yes, an extremely large marble topped island in the middle of...
*
a kitchen just like this!!
*
This is the much gloated about kitchen of my Adventures in House Sitting. The design is based on an Inn the couple stayed at in Napa during their early years together.
*
Can you imagine coming home each day to cook in one of these?!?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kitchen at home. It's the best kitchen I've ever had the pleasure to call home...but really look at this one, just amazing!!!
*
Having house-sat for these folks for a few years now, I know just what items I have to make during my stay. You see their son LOVES food and even more so, is WILD about spicy food!!
*
On the menu for this episode of Adventures in House Sitting is Thai Green Curry made with coconut cream (remember, according to my fabulous half-Thai sister in law, it's better than coconut milk...more rich and greater flavor!)
*
I had some pork in the fridge at my house, so as I packed up my Asian cupboards (somethings you just can't find or buy elsewhere) and I threw the pork into the mix.
*
I also had some green beans, sweet baby peppers, vidalia, and a lime to use up.
The baby carrots came from their fridge.
*
A true melting pot for all things needing to be cleaned out of the fridge!
*
As the simmering pot begins to meld on this gray day, the sun decided to show itself in the evening...so many windows in this place, but at this time of night standing next to the stove is the place to be. Just outside those french doors is their stone patio where during the summer fresh herbs and tomato plants are grown from within the patio floor...literally steps from the kitchen, yum!
*
A splash of evening sun is added to the pot.
*
Delicious and a huge hit!!
*
Now I must ask you one final time, who wouldn't want one of these?
*
Next to one of these...
*


And not just the bowl of comforting, sun kissed curry...

or the beautiful patio with a view...

But something to cook on just like one of these...

ah, yes for now I'll keep dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment