Thursday, November 19, 2009

SUNDAY THERAPY - Introduction

As most would agree, working in today’s economy is at times stressful and even frustrating. I am lucky to have a ‘great day job’ where my bosses are cool beans, the co-workers tolerable, and I have a few office friends that make surviving the day possible. Not yet hit with layoffs, pay cuts or benefit losses, we are very fortunate…and that could perhaps be the true reason I say, ‘I have a great job.’

Being someone in business development (BD), my sole purpose is to find work, build/maintain relationships, write proposals, schedule meetings, travel and so forth. While it has been said that we have enough work to get us through the foreseeable future, we all worry about the unforeseeable.

By nature, I tend to read into peoples' behaviors, words, etc (remember I’m in BD) and it is my opinion that there has been a shift at the office. Everyone is paranoid, open communication is suffering, camaraderie is being lost and moods are just plain nasty. It makes for a tough week with atmosphere and dynamics like those.

This past Sunday I conducted a sort of retreat, one that involved only leaving the house for a few things at the grocery store. At the end of the day, I had left the previous weeks and months of work behind, reemerging refreshed and ready to tackle Monday once again!

The Prescribed Therapy (aka Menu)
  • Rosemary & Potato Focaccia
  • Minestrone with White Eyed Peas & Kidney Beans
  • Oven Roasted Chicken
  • Cornbread Stuffing
  • Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins
  • Maple Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment