Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Greek Yogurt taken to the Next Level!

Since so many of you seem to be such HUGE fans of our Greek Yogurt Dip, I thought I'd add an extra level of dippy goodness to the mix.
*
Mark Bittman, in his NY Times - The Minimalist column explains transforming your own traditional/typical yogurt into a thick, cut with knife, greek style yogurt!
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/dining/17mini.html?ref=dining
*
I have not tried this myself yet, but hope to the next time we make up the dip.
*
Moldy Cheese Dip
(great on veggies, wings, etc)
*
Greek Yogurt
Crumbled Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese
Red Onion or Shallots
Scallions
Salt/Pepper
Lemon Juice
*
Mix it all together to taste and voila!
*Does get better if you give the dip time to set and the flavors to meld together.
*
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The versatility of greek yogurt continues to amaze me! Today I put a spoonful into my broccoli soup that needed a kick in the pants.

    Great post here, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moldy cheese dip... :-) sounds amazing!! I saw that NYT article -- it's so interesting that we can thicken our own yogurt! Makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete