Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The end of another season...

I am going to stop apologizing for my hiatus from the blog...after all, this is my blog and I can come and go as I please right?!?!

Well just in case any readers I do still have feel that an apology is in order...

here is a puppy face to say "I'm sorry and I'm back for now!"

It's with bittersweet pleasure that I say, another hockey season has come to an end.  This year, much like every other, was fun, competitive and just plain awesome. 

However there were a couple of things that did set this season a part and made it one for the books...
 *
 
We won the New England District Senior Women's B Hockey Title!

Which meant...


We played at the USA Hockey National Tournament in Detroit, MI!

Planes, trains and automobiles were all considered. Luckily for me, I have 3 friends (Blue Light, Hussy, and Guns) who were all willing to turn the trip into an adventure!!
 *
We've rented a minivan, packed in and headed to MI via Cleveland...
*
After our one night in Cleveland, I cannot be sure the phrase Cleveland Rocks! holds much truth anymore.  Actually I take that back.  Cleveland Rocks!...but only if you have the right group of crazy VT gals to create the fun and make it last till the wee hours of the morning haha!

Seriously though, I did not get to visit the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, which I am sure does Rock!...but I did experience some delicious food that for certain could be the saving grace to the phrase Cleveland Rocks! 

Here was my most delicious lunch at Crop Bistro & Bar.

 Homemade Bread with Honey Black Pepper Butter
*
Hot Balsamic Popcorn
(which I have every intention of replicating at home!)
Its like a savory kettle corn gone 1000% gourmet!

 Kobe Beef Burger with...Foie Gras!
 
A big ol' melt in your mouth piece of it too!! 
(My apologies to anyone 'against' the consumption of this stuff)

The restaurant was a foodie's paradise with so much more on the menu to offer.  It incidentally was also the best hangover cure ever!

While consuming this delicious meal the sparkle in my eye returned.  I remember saying that this meal might just be the thing that gets me back to the blog...and it has!

Simply put this road trip was the best I have ever been on :o)

Having Guns armed with the super cool Yelp! app, we ate very well on our 5 day excursion.  There was a great breakfast joint, spicy Thai, a Brewpub, smalltown Italian and well...that's all I can remember this late afterwards.  

In case you're interested in more of our trip, here is a video of our journey by none other than my good pal Hussy - http://thehomesteadinghussy.blogspot.com/2011/04/green-mountain-girls-take-on-detroit.html

The laughter, conversations, and so many experiences were absolutely freakin' priceless :)

Oh yes and the hockey part of it all was pretty fun too!

All I have to say is...when are we going on the next one ladies?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment