Monday, May 7, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf

I've been told it gets easier as you develop a routine.  With that said I have been back to work full-time for 1 month now and I still don't feel like I have our routine down to envelope all the 'wants' and 'needs' it should.
  
As a planner I do need something, so for now I have tasks I aim to accomplish with some sense of regularity and they look something like this... 
  
I will strive for at least 1 blog post a week.
I will wash The Kiddo as needed, but at minimum 2 days a week.

I will make it a priority to workout 3 days a week.
I will make home cooked meals at least 4 days a week.
I will eat salad for lunch at work 5 days a week.
I will crawl out of bed at 4am to pump at least 6 days a week.
And for my favorite  - 
I will cuddle, snuggle and love The Kiddo 7 days a week :)


Everything is in the mouth these days!

Prior to The Kiddo, we had routine...along with flexibility and times that we reserved for absolute nothingness.  
It's not with much shock that I say our world (well my world entirely and Hubs' partially) has been taken over, flipped upside down and turned inside out since the arrival of our son.  
BUT I can honestly say, there is nothing better in this upside down, inside out world than having a little one of our own.

A Friday afternoon at the office
Our meals have slowly been evolving.  I've learned I no longer have an hour to prepare multi-step dinners that require constant attention.  Rather we now enjoy meals I can prep in 30 minutes or less and can be finished under the supervision of Hubs.

One such meal we love is Turkey Meatloaf.  So good in fact you'll never miss the beef!

Ingredients
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 diced Red Onion
2 tbls Minced Garlic
1 tbls Double Concentrate Tomato Paste
1 tbls Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Thyme
Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper
Ketchup

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Begin by sauteing the Red Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil, season with Salt/Pepper and Thyme.

Once the Onions begin to soften add Tomato Paste and Worcestershire sauce, cook until combined and onions are completely softened.

Once the Onion mixture is cooled, combine in large mixing bowl with Ground Turkey.
  
Shape Turkey into a loaf shape on a baking sheet.


Cover the top with Ketchup and bake for 50 minutes or until done.


This recipe makes enough for dinner with leftovers for lunch.

1 comment: